BID Support Engineer 5431
If you are customer focussed, solutions orientated and strive for excellence then you could be just what our business is looking for.
The Bid Support Engineer is required to actively support the other members of the sales team as they prepare and negotiate bids and is critical to the smooth-running of the team.
For this role you will need to have an A Level, BTEC or equivalent in engineering or the physical sciences. Experience of working in the engineering industry in particular with rotating or fluid handling equipment, such as pumps or compressors would be an advantage.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills and be experienced in the use of MS Excel and MS Project with the ability to research and manipulate data.
The main duties of the role are:
- Completing supplier questionnaires and returning them to potential enquirers.
- Liaising with other departments and speaking to prospective customers where necessary.
- Creating folders when new enquiries are received. Filing all new and revised enquiries.
- Completing and returning enquirers’ non-disclosure agreements.
- Informing enquirers of our decision to ‘bid or no bid’.
- Keeping other members of the sales team updated on meetings and pending bid deadlines on a daily basis.
- Attending weekly sales meetings, updating the team regarding meetings and bid deadlines in the coming week, and taking minutes.
- Compiling equipment data sheets, writing requests for quotation (RFQs) and sending them to suppliers to obtain estimates during the bidding phase.
- Filing quotations obtained from suppliers during the bidding phase and maintaining spreadsheets of the costs of different types of equipment.
- Sketching general arrangement (GA) drawings and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for submission to the drawing office.
- Writing supporting documents for bids, such as utility consumption lists, electrical load lists, workload capacity charts, spares lists, project reference lists, blower performance curves, sub-vendor lists, documentation schedules, and inspection and test plans (I&TPs).
- Gathering quality documents for bids, such as certificates and organisation charts.
- Filing all submitted bids.
- Keeping the enquiry register/bid log up to date at all times.
- Maintaining the customer/project reference list.
- Submitting a monthly report of sales KPIs.
Candidates will need to be highly numerate with exceptional communication and organisational skills and their accuracy and attention to detail will be impeccable.
We are looking for a team player who is self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance for themselves.
- Competitive salary (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Annual company pay review and individual merit award review
- Basic hours.
(36.5 hours per week):
Monday to Thursday – 08.30 to 17.00
Friday – 08.30 to 13.00
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (includes 8 days statutory bank holidays) plus our ‘Flexible Holiday Trading Scheme’ Annual leave will increase to 33 days as from the 1 January 2024
- Life Assurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Income Protection Plan (after qualifying period)
- Employee Support and Perks Package
- Free car parking
- Investment in our employees through learning and development
- Flexible and family friendly policies