First Base Employment Limited
Workshop Operative – Tetbury
Do you have excellent practical skills and enjoy a hands-on role?
Are you experienced in manufacturing, assembly and/or batch production work?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an interesting company who value their team.
Key responsibilities of the Workshop Operative:
- Machine operation, including saws / CNC Router / Laser cutter etc (training given but a good understanding of machine operating principles and health and safety is essential)
- Assembly of a variety of products (mostly wooden)
- Assist with managing stock, placing order etc
- Collection and delivery of materials and products using company vehicle
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the business and its products
- Assist the Workshop Manager in the completion of their duties
To be considered for the Workshop Operative role you should have:
- Proven experience in assembly or a manufacturing environment, preferably small and medium sized batch work.
- Great attention to detail and take pride in you work
- A sound knowledge of a range of machines and hand tools
- Experience in a woodworking environment would be highly beneficial
- A qualification in a relevant field such as carpentry, engineering or similar would be beneficial
- Good literacy and numeracy skills and confident with computers
- Supervisory or team leader skills would be an advantage
- A can-do attitude and be able to self-motivate
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to your own vehicle (due to location)
40 hour working week – early finish on Friday!
Pay: £9.60 – £10.60 depending on experience
To apply or for more details, please email email@example.com or call us on 01453 755330