First Base Employment Limited
Specialist Welding and Fabrication business based close to Stroud are seeking a Workshop Manager to ensure the efficient and productive running of the workshop.
Initially the successful candidate will work and train alongside the current Workshop Manager for a handover period (time frames tbc).
The main aspects of the Workshop Manager role are as follows:
- Ensure all welding operations carried out under their control are executed in a manner which meets the requirements of the customer
- Understand technical drawings and plans in order to complete the project to the customer’s specification
- Quoting for projects
- Set up and operate machinery in the workshop
- When necessary, liaise with the customer in a professional manner
- Ensure that the Factory Control Processes are kept to at all times during manufacture, production and the day to day running of the workshop
- Ensure that quality control and assurance are maintained and conform to ISO 9001:2015 processes
- Ensure selection, suitability and control of materials and welding consumables
- Ensure that timesheets and all paperwork are kept up to date and submitted to the office
- Ensure conformity to the day to day health and safety of the workshop and seek advice if assistance is required
- Maintain good housekeeping across the workshop and keep work area clean and tidy
- Promoting whenever possible customers focus and ensuring that customers continuously receive a high-quality standard of goods and services. Any non- conformances should be reported to the Workshop Manager immediately
- Ability to manage time- keep within the allocated hours assigned to jobs
- Co-ordinating Good’s In/Out and stock control
- To assist with deliveries and collections when required
- To assist the Workshop Manager, Managing Director and other members of the team with other duties as and when required
- To be the face of the company – ensure that work is carried out to a professional standard at all times, ensure that quality and the reputation of the Company is upheld at all times.
- Solid Welding/fabrication background
- To be a pro-active team player with good communication skills
- Technical knowledge of welding/fabrication industry and standards
This is a permanent position with a salary between £25,000 – £31,000 dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com