First Base Employment Limited
Workshop Engineer – Gloucester
We are looking for an experienced Compressed Air/ Gas Engineer based in the Gloucestershire area predominantly working from our Gloucester Workshop, but occasionally at customer sites across the UK.
You will be required to deliver high levels of service by undertaking overhaul, repair, and regular service work, along with occasional installation work. Key to the role is the ability to perform technical appraisals of engineering requirements. You will combine an engineering qualification with excellent interpersonal and IT skills and a desire to deliver world-class customer service through the provision of quality workmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems
- Perform breakdown fault finding and repair.
- Assist with installations and commissioning of compressed air systems as required.
- Complete service reports, timesheets, job sheets, recommendations and submit in a timely manner in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Complete appropriate risk assessment and method statement paperwork before commencing job.
- Ability to work occasionally unsupervised in the field as a Service Engineer.
- Recommend additional work that where appropriate
- Provide feedback on any product design features causing maintenance or operational difficulties.
- Adhere to the Engineering Code of Conduct.
- Complete training courses as identified and provides copy documentation and certificates to Human Resources as necessary.
Compressor mechanical knowledge and electrical qualifications are desirable as is a strong customer service background, including:
- Experience of working on air- and water-cooled high-pressure compressors.
- Experience of Installation of pipe work and/or systems – 7 to 300 bar WP, 6mm to 25mm O/D
- The ability to work on both high and low-pressure systems as well as screw compressors would be a great advantage.
- The individual will need to obtain site clearance for certain sites and pass a DBS check.
- Ensure any long-term repair/refurbishment/ service contracts are undertaken on time (within KPI’s) and to the required specification – which includes: – condition reporting, parts listing, calibration, service/repair work, air purity testing, performance testing and compilation of documentation.
- Deliver a first-rate compressed air engineering service to customers, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance, and emergency help whenever/wherever needed.
- Occasionally, work on UK customer’s sites, to undertake a diagnosis, repair, service, installation, and commissioning.
Qualifications, attributes and knowledge
- Good educational background
- City and Guilds electrical/mechanical qualification.
- Strong ability to use IT including, tablets and smart phones. MS Office Suite
- Experience of Low and High Pressure Compressed Air Systems
- Broad range of Compressor experience across different manufacturers and different types of compressor.
- Pipework installations.
This is a full time, permanent role
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience
To apply for the role please send your CV to email@example.com