First Base Employment Limited
Warehouse Team Leader
This role will work closely with the Warehouse Manager to ensure that the team is working efficiently and safely and following all the required processes to carry out their daily duties. The Warehouse Team Leader will manage the team's daily tasks (case picking of orders, inbound and out bound goods), review their performance and ensure the warehouse and yard are safe, clean and operational.
The main duties and responsibilities for this role will include;
- Oversee the receipt and checking of incoming stock in line with company goods-in process, ensuring all EPOS, Label and Temperature disciplines are completed as appropriate, and product is correctly located within the warehouse.
- Manage the picking of customer orders (including product identification and pallet build) as per company processes, undertaking all necessary controls and ensuring temperature disciplines are complied with as appropriate, and making available for despatch as per customer requirements.
- Control the despatch outgoing orders in line with company processes are complied with.
- Carry out regular and spot stock takes as required plus the preparation of the monthly stock take.
- Undertake forklift truck duties as required, ensuring daily safety checks are conducted thoroughly and company warehouse guidelines observed.
- Ensure all processes relating to the BRC standard for storage and distribution are complied with and documented.
- Ensure all stock is stored, handled and transported securely and in line with company procedures, food hygiene legislation and health and safety guidelines.
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Support and assist newly appointed or less experienced colleagues by providing training and guidance as appropriate.
- Deputise for the Warehouse Manager in their absence as required, and regularly refresh on processes to ensure this can be achieved effectively.
- During peak period arranging the rotas to be able to cover the demand of our customers at all events.
- Reviewing the teams’ performances on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and setting targets and goals with the guidance of the Warehouse Manager.
- Weekly review on team performance with the Warehouse Manager.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills;
- Qualified and competent to operate a Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Truck.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to safe working practices.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Able to delegate and explain tasks to others.
- Good communication skills and customer focussed.
- Empathetic and a good listener.
- Able to manage across all levels of the business.
- BRCGS knowledge.
- HACCP Qualification.
- Health & Safety Qualification.
- Good Leadership skills.
- Good working knowledge and practical application of Food Hygiene legislation.
- Understanding of the SAGE system.
- Possesses a good standard of numeracy and literacy, and IT competent (MS Office).
- Prior knowledge of an events-based company.
- Conscientious, reliable, with good attendance and timekeeping standards.
- Honest, trustworthy, able to work unsupervised.
- Keen to learn and acquire new skills, responds positively to feedback.
- Demonstrates initiative and contributes ideas.
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving without cutting corners.
- Positive team player with a go get attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure.
In return for your hard work, we offer many great benefits…
- Highly competitive salary, 28 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays on top.
- Life cover, income protection, company matched pension scheme, employee assistance programme and eyecare vouchers.
- We also have fortnightly team lunches and regular social activities.