First Base Employment Limited
Main Purpose of Role
To pack profile, identifying quality problems and highlighting to the Shift Leader. Undertakes a range of quality testing. To learn how to extrude profile to the required quality and safety standards on a small number of extruders.
- To pack profile to agreed packing standards
- To identify quality problems, highlighting quality concerns immediately to the Shift Leader. To undertake a range of quality tests in line with agreed procedures.
- To prepare an extruder to run, ensuring all relevant materials and equipment are available and the extruder is started in line with agreed procedures, and pre-start checks are completed.
- To start and run an extruder in line with agreed procedures, ensuring minimal scrap and that profile is produced to agreed quality standards.
- Undertakes tool changes with minimal supervision.
- To record accurately and timely all production and quality information required.
- To ensure all safety and housekeeping standards are adhered to.
- To undertake the training required to progress from a Trainee Operator to Operator, demonstrating successful completion of the required modules within agreed timeframes.
- Previous production experience, ideally in a shift-based environment
- Mechanical aptitude is desirable
- Demonstrates a drive for continuous learning and has the aptitude to learn
- Demonstrates strong focus on safety and housekeeping in all activities
- Team player, with ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail, accurate and numerical
- Reliable and punctual
This is a permanent opportunity – hourly rate starting at £9.00
12 hour rotating shifts 07.00 – 19.00 and 19.00 to 07.00
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330