First Base Employment Limited
Trainee Consultant Engineer (Graduate)
As a result of an ever-growing work load and increased work forecast over the coming years, we have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join a small, busy company based in central Gloucestershire. Working within a niche sector, they provide consultancy and compliance services on behalf of the Environment Agency for large organisations throughout England and Wales. The successful applicant will be provided with full training and eventually qualify as a certified MCERTS Inspector within this specialist field.
Personal attributes for a Trainee Consultant Engineer:
- Graduate (with relevant degree – Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering etc highly preferable. Similar degrees such as Geography or Science also considered)
- Excellent mathematical ability (A Level or equivalent)
- Literate and articulate
- Happy working outdoors at various locations across England and Wales
- Willing to stay away from home on a regular basis as required (accommodation paid for)
- An interest in the role and desire to develop and grow a long career within the field
- Highly accurate and organised with excellent attention to detail
- Full valid Driving license
- Flexible to the needs of the business (some early starts/ late finishes)
- Good IT skills (strong working knowledge of Excel is essential)
Additional skills or experience (desired but not required):
- A working knowledge of CAD
- Knowledge or interest in computer programming
- Electrical skills, knowledge or interest
- An ability to demonstrate clear interest in working outdoors and/or examples of working well as part of a team
Overview of the role as a Trainee Consultant Engineer (working with a certified Engineer):
- Visit sites to carry out testing, inspection and surveying of systems
- Work within confined spaces (as required)
- Record and compiling accurate data
- Produce various reports
- Liaise with clients as required
- Represent the company in a professional manner, providing training etc to clients where required
The package available for a Trainee Consultant Engineer:
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays and Christmas shutdown; or 23 days + bank holidays (increasing based on years of service)
- Generous bonus scheme (comes into full effect once qualified)
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme available (optional)
- Work for an industry leading company who are expanding within a growing sector.
- Generous allowance when staying away.
- Company laptop.
- Company phone.
- All PPE and workwear.
To apply or for more details, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330