First Base Employment Limited
93% of communication occurs through non-verbal behaviour & tone; only 7% of communication takes place through the use of words.
Are you working in care and are looking for a provider that really challenges the norm and works creatively with young people to achieve their goals?
This role would involve working in a residential and educational environment and teaching young people everything they need to learn to step out into the world and lead an independent life.
You will be supporting boys and girls between the ages of 16-22 with Autism, PDA and Learning Difficulties. If you enjoy a hands on, practical life then this is certainly the role for you. Supporting with activities and learning outside of the 4 walls of a classroom is a vital part of therapeutic day to day life. Join the dedicated team in this stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
The opportunity to learn, grow and explore outside of the 4 white walls of a classroom and learning through doing in activities such as crafting and woodworking, and many more.
Salary £18,500 – £22,000 plus additional sleep in £78 per shift, equates to an additional £3K-£4K per annum
Benefits of working with the client:
– A genuinely out comes focused service, That have a fantastic track record of providing outcomes for the people they support
– Provide Holistic support
– Every day will be different and involve you engaging in different activities
– Opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation
Job responsibilities will include:
– Engaging with people from all walks of life on a daily basis out in the community and in the homes to support them to gain independence
– Providing emotional support
– Being emotionally resilient
– Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
– Keeping record of support and writing care plans
– Focusing on positive outcomes for the people you support
– De-escalating challenging behaviour
– Working in a team
Must have a caring nature and be willing to support vulnerable people
Experience with Learning disabilities (Desirable)
A qualification in: Psychology, Health and social care, Criminology, Teaching or Counselling
Please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org