First Base Employment Limited
Have you been working in care and have always wanted to get into Teaching?
Are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve the best outcomes in life?
I am currently seeking a teaching assistant to work 1:1 with a Looked after child who has cognitive difficulties. Our school supports children with a variety of needs that mainstream education does not work for, Including supporting children with: EBD, ADHD, Learning delays, Behavioural issues and Cognitive difficulties.
If you are interested in working with Looked after children and want a role with more flexibility. The children we support are between the ages of 9 – 16 and therefore will cover the Primary and Secondary curriculum however may have ability levels of a significantly younger child.
My clients values individuals who are creative and inspirational with how they support young people. Although no experience supporting looked after children or teaching is required, You must be of a resilient nature and be able to support children who's lives are at a point of crisis.
The role will be a Monday – Friday position working school hours.
Benefits of working with the client:
– An ofsted rated service who provide educational and residential support
– Working in a hands on active role, for a company that value therapeutic support
– Able to work across different settings
– Opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation
Job responsibilities will include:
– Supporting teachers
– Working 1:1 with a child
– Supporting the child to engage with education
– Interacting with Children from all walks of life and able to build a rapport with them
– Working towards to the curriculum
– Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
– De-escalating challenging behaviour
– Working in a team
Must be of a resilient nature
Experience with EBD or looked after children would be desirable
A teaching assistant qualification or qualification of a similar field would support your application
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, Please contact Megan Rivers at First Base or apply today
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.