First Base Employment Limited
How would you feel about having the opportunity to make a difference to a vulnerable persons life every day?
Do you care about the future of adults with learning difficulties?
Can you make a difference and increase the quality of life for these individuals?
I am currently seeking an individual that is passionate about giving back to the local community in Cheltenham, to support adults with learning disabilities and the elderly in settings including: Residential homes, Supported living, Day centres and their own homes. Although their is no experience required, I am looking for a caring and nurturing person to join the team at the local charity who has a genuine passion or vocation to actively make a difference in peoples lives. The role will include taking adults out in the local community, Bringing your own ideas and activities every day, Personal care, Manual handling, Financial, Employment and any support required to enable them to lead independent lives.
Working hours will be Monday – Sunday and will involve shift work.
Benefits of working with the charity:
– A genuine person centred approach, Matching you with a service user that you can build a strong relationship with
– Over recruiting staff, to ensure you can provide the best quality of care
– Able to work across all care settings to understand which setting you enjoy
– Opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation
Job responsibilities will include:
– Interacting with adults with learning disabilities on a daily basis out in the community and in the homes to support them to gain independence
– Interacting with people of all ages, from all walks of life and being able to build a rapport with them
– Providing personal care
– Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
– Keeping record of support and writing care plans
– Monitoring service users progression
– De-escalating challenging behaviour
– Working in a team
– Must hold a full driving license
– Must have a caring nature and be willing to support vulnerable adults
Experience with ASD/Autism , Epilepsy, ADHD or other special education needs and behavioural difficulties would be desirable
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, Please contact Megan Rivers on 07778 128876 or email your CV to Megan.Rivers@first-base.co.uk to apply today.
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.