First Base Employment Limited
Do you believe your current employer are truly focused on the outcomes of the children that you support?
Are you working in Residential care and want to work in a 'Outstanding' rated children's provider that genuinely focus on the outcomes of the children they support?
Do you hold your NVQ level 3 in health and social care or equivalent?
I am currently seeking a level 3 qualified support worker to join an established team working for a growing care provider in Herefordshire. The individual must have a passion for giving back to vulnerable children with emotional behavioural difficulties and have experience working in this field.
My client provides a safe environment for children that have reached a point of crisis in their lives, Providing personalised support to ensure that they can lead safe lives and achieve their true potential. As this is a residential setting, Your role could involve anything from: Supporting with employment and education, Liaising with social workers, Arranging and facilitating contact sessions, Emotional support, Cooking and cleaning.
The role will include bringing your own ideas and activities every day and working hours will be Monday – Sunday and will involve a shift pattern of 2 consecutive Long days with sleep ins and Four days off.
Benefits of working with the client:
– Working for an outstanding rated care provider
– Lots of opportunities to progress within the company, Looking for qualified support workers that could become the future leaders.
– Able to work across different homes
Job responsibilities will include:
– Interacting with children with emotional behavioural difficulties and children at a point of crisis in their lives.
– Interacting with children from all walks of life and being able to build a rapport with them
– Dealing with needs such as : Substance misuse, Gang affiliation, Sexual abuse and Physical/Verbal challenging behaviour
– Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
– Keeping record of support and writing care plans
– De-escalating challenging behaviour
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, Please contact Megan Rivers at First base or apply to the role today!