First Base Employment Limited
Refrigeration Field Service Engineer – London/North London Area
Urgent requirement for a Refrigeration / Freezer field service engineer based in the London or north of London area. The successful applicant will be experienced in fault finding and repairing fridges and freezers (down to -80C). The engineer needs to be F-Gas qualified to replace compressors, and all other fridge and freezer parts.
To provide a high level of technical support whether at the company’s facilities or on Customer sites, covering various types of refrigerated laboratory equipment as directed by the Planning Team.
Main Areas of Responsibility
To support and assist in the daily activities of the company in the following areas:
- Service, calibrate, fault find and repair various types of refrigeration equipment, not limited to Fridges, Freezers (-20C to -80C) and Incubators
- To provide technical support commensurate with experience and qualifications
- To provide documentation as defined in the Companies Quality Procedure.
- To convey at all times, a professional, positive and customer driven image of the company
- To act as the interface between client and the company
- To develop and maintain an effective knowledge of current working regulations.
- Travel to customer sites around the UK to service, calibrate, fault find and repair various types of refrigeration equipment. Overnight stays may be required.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Electrical qualifications
- High skill level for practical fault finding and repair on a varied range of Refrigerated Laboratory equipment. Not limited to compressor changes, pressure testing, gas reclaiming and fan motor replacements (Minimum 5 years previous experience)
- Full F-GAS Accreditation (current)
- Lab experience within hospitals highly beneficial
- Hold a current clean driving license.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- PC literate on Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Ability to manage and plan own workload.
- Complete all paperwork accurately and on time
- Customer Focused
- Work within a given time frame and under a reasonable amount of pressure
Areas of Activity
You will work both at the companies’ workshop and out in the field at various locations throughout the UK.
Some areas of work may be compliant or hazardous and all precautions and rules regarding working in these areas should be observed.
This is a full time, permanent role, 37.5 hours per week
Starting salary of £36,000
23 days holiday plus statutory days
Contributory workplace pension
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org