First Base Employment Limited
Quality Inspector – Tetbury
We are currently searching for an experienced an analytical quality inspector to join our production department. As the quality inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and overseeing the manufacturing process to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations, working with our Production Manager and QA.
The chosen candidate will perform regular product inspections and evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the manufacturing process. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality, and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Teach the manufacturing team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Supervise the manufacturing process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good math and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Ability to tell colours apart.
- Ability to read blueprints, technical documents, manufacturing manuals, drawings and diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills with everyone involved in the process (managers, operators and leads).
- Speak in English.
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of enthusiasm
Work Status & Location
Permanent Full time: 38 Hours per week, Monday-Thursday 0800-18.00. (No Friday’s) This position will be based in Tetbury, Gloucestershire.
Competitive salary offered for the right candidate: