First Base Employment Limited
Quality Engineer – Stonehouse
The Quality Engineer will work alongside the Technical Manager, and Production manager reporting to the Site Manager. The function of this role will be to run the quality department, managing a team of Quality Inspectors. Ensuring all aspects / functions of the Management system are performed, and ensuring that all the necessary systems / procedures throughout the site are implemented, adhered to and maintained.
- Responding to customer concerns (8D), Internal NCRs, as well as Incoming NCRs
- Ensuring work flow through inspection runs correctly as well as managing consumables, equipment (Micrometers, CMM, Surface Roughness, Flatness Optical Lenses etc.), and staff.
- Running the laboratory, including metallurgic testing, reporting.
- To aid in the development of new processes and systems.
- To Support the quality function on a daily basis with a practical hands on involvement.
- To support and manage the laboratory function on a daily basis with a practical hands on involvement where necessary.
- Customer Specifications and Standards Review.
- Creation, modification, and review of work procedures and on-site policies.
- Manage and monitor site quality, processes, and to maintain the necessary site approvals to satisfy Quality and customer specific standards.
- Training of staff, and maintaining training records, as well as performance reviews.
- Calibration and repair of equipment onsite.
- Internal & External Audits, being the on-site representative for customer audits.
- Generation of Management Business Review for the annual meeting with the VPs.
- Assisting with inspection/ pressure testing when required.
- Working with the Technical Manager on new product introduction
- Continuous Improvement across the whole site.
- Generation of reports, and KPIs when required.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Degree or above in a related discipline, or alternative with appropriate experience.
- Direct experience of standard Quality Engineering tools, skills and tasks, e.g. 8D, RCCA, Gauge R&R, 5S, Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001
- Some materials knowledge and experience of standard Metallographic Laboratory techniques is desirable, as is thermal spray experience.
- Experience of working and communicating directly with customers.
- Team worker, concern for accuracy and quality, good communicator, flexible, initiative, customer focused, conscientious with a hands-on approach and good planning and organising.
- IT literate, especially MS Office (Excel, Word)
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension – match contribution from 4% – 10%
- Life Assurance – 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays