First Base Employment Limited
Purchasing Expeditor / Assistant Buyer
Hours: Full time Monday to Friday
- Ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
- Working closely with other teams within the supply chain.
- Negotiate with suppliers and build strong working relationships.
- Ensuring that internal targets and deadlines are met.
- Attend production meetings.
- Managing purchase order backlog, ensuring order dates and notations are updated.
- Assisting with purchase order entries and purchase administration. Load purchase orders onto system for consignment stock and calibration requirements.
- Assist with loading and updating RFQ’s onto the system.
- Run monthly OTD reports.
- Assist Purchasing Supervisor with GRRN’s and ensure purchase notations are updated.
- Providing cover for other roles within the purchasing/planning team.
- Visit suppliers as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Highly motivated, team player with good organisation skills who can work under pressure.
- Ideally have experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of planning tools i.e., ERP/MRP and vendor management, other related business management systems, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
- A proactive approach to changing workload demands in an operational environment.
- Drive for continuous development and process improvement.
If you would like to be considered for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lilly on 01453 755330.
Just at the moment, we are seeing a massive upturn in applications. Please be aware that more than ever we are needing to shortlist heavily and that it may not be possible for us to come back to you if your details do not match the needs of our client on this vacancy.
*First Base Employment is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to both clients and candidates and building our business through personal recommendations.
*As a temporary worker with First Base Employment you’ll become a valued member of our team. You’ll gain access to your own personal Engagement App from the first day you get paid, packed full of money saving offers and 24/7 health, support and advice.
*Do you know someone for this role? Refer a friend and earn high-street vouchers (Terms & conditions apply).
*Why not check all our latest vacancies here https://first-base.co.uk/current-jobs