First Base Employment Limited
To carry out duties in order to support the project manager on a day-to-day basis. Providing technical support in the absence of the project manager. Undertaking R&D projects proactively as and when required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing projects from order to delivery, whilst reporting progress to Projects Manager. Producing Gantt charts and project plans where appropriate.
- Liaising with all stakeholders, including the end customer, keeping them updated on project progress.
- Maintaining Project department documentation.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Assist Sales Team with product design for quotes and tenders.
- Providing project department technical support for sales team.
- Conducting in-house project feasibility studies and feeding into pre-sales decision making etc.
- Assisting with project builds and in-house factory acceptance testing including QA checks.
- Internal testing of AQMS systems.
- Producing drawings in AutoCAD/SolidWorks of enclosures, internal/external layouts, general arrangement drawings, equipment integration and assembly/wiring diagrams etc.
- Assist Project Manager to maintain OHS ISO 45001:2018 Health and Safety systems relevant to the delivery of projects.
- Manage R+D projects and present progress reports and results to the Management team.
- Providing technical liaison with customers (i.e. foundations/base requirements for enclosures, communicating the required electrical power supply information, liaising with 3rd parties such as civil engineering and electrical contractors). Liaising with specialist hauliers and transportation companies.
- Assuring that clients’ finished systems are fully functioning prior to factory acceptance testing and ensuring key instrumentation and test parameters are properly recorded.
- Deputising for Project Manager (i.e. covering holidays etc).
- Researching new enclosures and non-analytical equipment and peripheral equipment used in the design and supply of range of static and mobile air quality monitoring systems.
- Providing technical assistance to non-technical projects and orders administrator.
- Occasional site visits to assess potential new site locations and any on-site project work requirements.
- Any other areas/ad hoc duties where the job-holder’s knowledge and experience can be utilised within the company as and when required.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge/Experience of using AutoCAD/SolidWorks or equivalent.
- Technical Qualification
- Some practical experience of electronics.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Pleasant, efficient and convincing telephone manner.
- Problem solving skills.