First Base Employment Limited
Projects Engineer – Stroud
To carry out duties in order to support the project manager on a day to day basis. Providing technical support in the absence of the project manager. Undertaking R&D projects proactively as and when required.
- Producing drawings in AutoCAD/SolidWorks of enclosures, internal/external layouts, general arrangement drawings, equipment integration and assembly/wiring diagrams etc.
- Producing Gantt charts and project plans.
- Review and analysis of existing ISO 9001 project department procedures and suggesting new and improved procedures where possible.
- To help set-up an Innovation Committee within the company focusing on projects and systems design improvements with a particular focus on electronic controls, data logging, specialist electronic integration and telemetry and communications.
- Drive/progress ideas and suggestions from Innovation committee through to completion.
- Manage R+D projects and present progress reports and results to Management.
- Providing technical liaison with customers (i.e. foundations/base requirements for enclosures, communicating the required electrical power supply information, liaising with 3rd parties such as civil engineering and electrical contractors). Liaising with specialist hauliers and transportation companies.
- Providing project department technical support for sales team.
- Conducting in-house project feasibility studies and feeding into pre-sales decision making etc.
- Assuring that clients’ finished systems are fully functioning prior to factory acceptance testing and ensuring key instrumentation and test parameters are properly recorded.
- Assisting with project builds and in-house factory acceptance testing including QA checks.
- Deputising for ET’s Project Manager (i.e. covering holidays etc).
- Researching new enclosures and non-analytical equipment and peripheral equipment used in the design and supply of range of static and mobile air quality monitoring systems.
- Providing technical assistance to non-technical projects and orders administrator.
- Occasional site visits to assess potential new site locations and any on-site project work requirements.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge/Experience of using AutoCAD/SolidWorks or equivalent.
- Technical Qualification
- Some practical experience of electronics.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Pleasant, efficient and convincing telephone manner.
- Problem solving skills.
- Reasonable command of written/spoken English.
- Pleasant and efficient telephone manner.
- Ability to liaise with different departments and different levels within the business
This is a full time, permanent role which is immediately available
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com