First Base Employment Limited
Project Editor, education
Can you get a manuscript from concept to bookshelf? Are you passionate about educational curriculum? We are keen to hear from you if you love and know the process to create print and digital books and journals.
Our client is looking for a project editor to manage the editorial stages of publishing products including client liaison and budget management.
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Salary range: £18,000 – £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
· Schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers
· Communicate effectively with publishing clients, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate
· Ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification
· Collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary
· Assist the production manager and/or senior project manager as required
· Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills
· Previous publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes
· Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage)
· Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful
If this position is of interest to you please call 01453 755330 or send your CV to email@example.com