First Base Employment Limited
We are looking to recruit a Production Operator – Spray Preparation & Finishing Technician, who will efficiently operate a range of conventional machining equipment including turning, milling, tool post grinding, hand dressing & polishing for preparation and finishing of thermally sprayed components.
- Responsible for quality of work and level of production
- Ensure that components are coated accordingly to the quality standards / process documents for each application
- Inspect parts before and after processing to ensure preceding operations have been carried out correctly and to verify that your own work has met the required standards.
- To gain a thorough understanding, through training provided and experience, of the factors that affect coating quality and be able to use that knowledge to ensure components are processed to approved methods.
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the 5S improvements of the working environment.
- Become familiar with the “check –work-check” process and be committed to a “right first time” approach to all tasks carried out.
- To fully participate in both providing and receiving training to meet business needs.
- To uphold your statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- To enable the company to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- Wear personal protective equipment provided by the company
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering manufacturing background, the ability to read engineering drawings and measurement techniques.
- Experienced in operating arrange of conventional machining and grinding equipment (turning, superfinishing, tool post grinding, hand dressing & polishing)
- Experience in assembly processes
- Experience in operating semi-automatic equipment using pre‑determined programmes.
- Sound numerical and literacy skills
- Experience of working in a team
- Ability to work accurately with a concern for quality,
- A good communicator
- The ability to be flexible and use initiative
- Customer focused.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension – match contribution from 4% – 10%
- Life Assurance – 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays