First Base Employment Limited
Process Technician – Tewkesbury
This specialist role is hands-on, with Quality, Food safety and Customer Service at the core.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To prepare and operate a variety of machinery and equipment to ensure the safe processing of product.
- To ensure a high standard of quality is maintained throughout the production process ensuring all customer and industry standards are maintained
- To maintain excellent hygiene standards.
- To follow company procedures and policies at all times
- To communicate at all levels as necessary
- To ensure that work activities are carried out in a safe manner protecting both your own and your colleague’s health and safety
- Work to KPI’s as directed by the management team.
- Work to environmental standards reducing wastage wherever possible
- To train and cover on any other supporting roles
- Training, coaching and mentoring of any other team members
- Work in a flexible and pro-active manner to ensure all business needs are met.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure an efficient work flow
- Be prepared to complete any other duties as reasonably requested by your supervisor or manager.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a practical approach to problem solving
- Positive attitude possessing high levels of commitment and motivation
- Flexibility to work varying shift patterns and work to tight deadlines
- A confident and strong communicator able to work well in a team and on own initiative
- Pro-active with the ability to plan ahead
- Ability to pass level 3 food safety and level 2 HACCP / any other necessary training. (Full training will be provided)
- Ability to train in and understand a hands-on technical role
- Experience of working in a food processing team
- Knowledge of food production and associated procedures
- Knowledge of HACCP and technical awareness
- COSHH awareness
- Knowledge of continuous improvement