First Base Employment Limited
Model Finisher, Gloucester
Applications are invited for the full-time, permanent position of Model Finisher working primarily on plastic parts. The vacancy is on our day shift.
The primary function is to finish plastic models of various sizes and complexity which have been produced using silicon moulds. Finishing is either by hand or with the aid of small machine tools.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Hand-finishing models to required standard using hand tools only
- Ability to read and understand written work instructions
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as a Vernier
Essential Experience / Qualities:
- Hands-on experience in a workshop environment
- Good hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity
- Excellent communication skills, good team worker, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
Desirable Experience / Qualities:
- Manual machining, centre lathe, vertical mill, pillar drill
- Model-making background either in employment or as a hobby
- Computer literacy
Full time, permanent position.
Monday to Friday working either 7.00am – 3.00pm or 8.00am – 4.00pm
£18,250 per annum
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330