First Base Employment Limited
Mechanical Fitter – Nailsworth
Your duties will be to produce company products to the required standard and quality as defined by drawings, written instructions and direction from supervision
- Complete engineering duties for sub-assembly production fitting and final assembly
- Assemble mechanical, electrical and electronic components and sub-assemblies as required
- Assist with the production of fabricated assemblies of varying size and complexity from scratch using general skills including marking out, cutting, folding, bending, weld joint preparation and MIG welding.
- Observe the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures, and execute duties as required by this policy.
- The jobholder will hold responsibility for his / her own safety and other people’s, and shall co-operate by complying with the company’s safety rules
- Solid engineering background
- Working from manufacturing drawings, general arrangement drawings and sub-assembly drawings
- A keen eye for detail and teamwork are two key elements in this role.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools to assemble a wide variety of large and small fabricated components
- Check the complete assembly for alignment, dimensions and quality
- Experience of vehicle fabricating/fitting an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative with a good Problem solving and a logical mind.
- Circuitry knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrics
- A background in Aviation, Military, Marine or similar is advantageous.
- Some knowledge of basic electrical assembly and ability to read electrical circuit drawings preferred but not essential
08.00 – 16.30 – Monday to Thursday / 08.00 – 13.00 Friday
Full time, permanent role, immediately available
£22,000 – £24,250 dependent on experience
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330