First Base Employment Limited
Maintenance Engineer – Stonehouse
The purpose of this role is to provide fast and efficient maintenance support to the manufacturing and site operations. The maintenance Engineer will undertake routine preventative maintenance duties, breakdown maintenance, and site maintenance support.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (Includes, but not limited to the following)
- Routine preventative maintenance to plant and equipment
- Reactive and proactive maintenance. Resolve equipment failures. Carry out planned and unplanned engineering tasks
- Mechanical and Electrical diagnostic checks
- Drive to improve machine up-time, with PPM and training
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings, schematics and manuals
- Fault finding on equipment control systems
- Keep machinery working to designed and required output levels
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, standards of operation and safe operating procedures
- Ideally HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Recognised apprenticeship in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or trained by considerable experience
- Minimum 5 years Electrical and Mechanical maintenance experience required.
- Good computer literacy with the ability to interact with MS office suite of applications
- Can do attitude with a willingness and ability to learn and take on board training
- Willingness to cross skill with other engineers in the team
- Positive attitude to change and acceptance to additional responsibility when required
- Excellent problem analysis and communication skills.
- High standard of work and commitment to quality
- Other areas of experience would ideally include: –
- Hand tools use
- Machine tool use for repairs (toolroom type)
- Experience of Pumps, Motors, Gearboxes, drive systems.
- Experience working on manual and CNC machine tools
Full time, permanent role. Day shift hours, early finish on a Friday.
£23,000 – £25,000 per annum – 23 days holiday + bank holidays
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330