First Base Employment Limited
Coating Technician – Machine Operator
We are looking to recruit a Coating Technician to efficiently operate a spray booth, by programming CNC or robotic manipulation equipment, selecting and monitoring the process parameters, loading and unloading components and preparing appropriate tooling and masking.
- Responsible for quality of work and level of production
- Operate semi-automatic equipment using pre-determined programmes.
- Ensure that components are coated accordingly to the quality standards / process documents for each application
- Use of workshop measuring equipment
- Inspect parts before and after processing to ensure preceding operations have been carried out correctly and to verify that your own work has met the required standards
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the general upkeep of the working environment.
- Become familiar with the “check –work-check” process and be committed to a “right first time” approach to all tasks carried out.
- To enable the company to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- Ensure a high level of communication to employees, managers & colleagues
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Ideally with an engineering background, understand engineering drawings and measurement techniques.
- Numeracy and literate, team worker, concern for accuracy and quality, good communicator, flexible and initiative, customer focused.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary (enhanced rates for shift working).
- Full time permanent role – 6.00am – 2.00pm / 2.00pm – 10.00pm shift rotation
- Pension – match contribution from 4% – 10%
- Life Assurance – 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays