First Base Employment Limited
IT Support Analyst
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
There will be a requirement to travel to Company sites in the UK (very occasionally Europe).
- Designing and implementing secure networks, supporting business critical networks.
- Providing guidance and training to other members of the IT team.
- Ensure appropriate Data Segregation within WAN.
- Providing comprehensive systems documentation, reviews, and compliance initiatives.
- Providing up to third line helpdesk support to the group.
- Product recommendation, acquisition and implementation.
- Maintain network and workstation hardware and software.
- Install, configure, and support the LANs, WANs and Internet systems.
- Setting up secure data transmission methods including TLS for encrypting emails and SFTP.
- Some handling duties may be required when setting up IT equipment, and servers.
- The IT department provides out of hours and US cover, so there will be the requirement to work hours on a rota basis to support this.
Key Skills/ Experience:
- Excellent problem solving and expertise in building robust network.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well within a team.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
- Good planning and prioritisation.
- Considerable knowledge of capabilities, utilisation, and limitations of data processing equipment.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software. Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Considerable network system design and development methods and techniques, including good knowledge of IP addressing and TCP/IP networking.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft AD, Exchange, 365 and VMware.
- Hosting and supporting 24/7 websites, understanding the security implications around client data.
This role is subject to a background criminal record check, and will be subject to a Basic DBS check.
If this role is of interest to you please call 01453 755330 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org