First Base Employment Limited
As a Toolmaker you will be involved in the manufacture, repair and maintenance of injection moulding tools. As well as being involved in workflow planning to meet deadlines. Other tasks will involve low volume production runs and development work.
Your main duties will include:
- Manufacture new injection mould tools from technical drawings to a high standard in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Carry out routine tool maintenance.
- Attend to repairs and maintenance of tooling, jigs and fixtures used in assembly.
- Low volume production runs.
- Development work.
- Maintain relevant documentation.
- Sharing and imparting knowledge and cross training where and when required.
Qualifications and experience required to do this role:
- Previous experience essential, apprenticeship or relevant qualification.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good all-round knowledge of precision engineering using conventional machinery, spark erosion, precision grinding, wire erosion, manual and CNC mills and lathes.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings
- Knowledge or experience of 2D/3D packages advantageous. If not a willingness to learn.
- Adaptable, flexible attitude and a desire to learn new skills.
- Be able to act quickly when a problem arises.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have a good understanding of health and safety requirements.
This is a permanent role which is immediately available.
Competitive salary will be paid dependent on experience
25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
Health benefits scheme