First Base Employment Limited
The HSEQ Manager will be responsible for driving the Health & Safety, Environmental & Quality aspects. This is a key role within the leadership team and it is expected that the successful candidate will be comfortable in producing and coordinating the longer term HSEQ roadmap, delivering continuous improvement and educating individuals in order to influence the direction of the business.
- Supervising and coordinating relevant work systems to ensure that the products and services of the Company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions are safe and meeting our exacting requirements;
- Investigate customer complaints, analyse data, getting to the root cause to provide customer focused solutions and prevent reoccurrence
- Leading, developing and maintaining Factory and Site HSEQ management programmes and systems by recording and monitoring the data to influence the direction of the business;
- Holding relevant communication and team briefings, when delivering HSEQ objectives;
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with the management team) for the continuous improvement of the Office, Factory and Site HSEQ management programme and systems;
- Produces and coordinates the yearly HSEQ action plan and longer term HSEQ roadmap, taking a commercial view of the business;
- Preparing monthly reports for delivery at Leadership team meetings and Group briefings;
- Responsible for advising management of key HSEQ issues and assisting with the implementation of new or existing legislation, rules and Company standards, to include; fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors sites;
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained;
- To investigate accidents and work related health conditions, and ensure all documentation is updated and corrective action is taken;
- To develop a monthly HSEQ Communication Strategy for the Company, to include written information, tool box talks, SOPs and management briefs;
- Responsible for the annual H&S audit and Quality Assurance Audit;
- Liaison with the HR team to initiate and coordinate an employee training plan and keeping personnel records up to date for personal, audit, IIP and any other requirements;
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and act as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site;
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated commercial recommendations, that benefit the business now and in the future;
- Preparation and owner of technical documents including ‘O&M’ product specifications;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director to support the HSEQ needs of the business.
- Risk management, method statement review, site inspections and investigations;
- Experience of conducting risk assessments & implementing SOPs;
- Experience of preparing for Audits;
- Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards, including implementation of relevant regulations and an in-depth understanding of HSEQ legislation;
- Experience of producing reports and utilising the data available to implement solutions.
- Experience of ISO 9001;
- A proven track record of influencing positive change;
- NEBOSH Certificate, including Fire Prevention & Risk Management or equivalent;
- First Aid Certificate or willing to complete this;
- Environmental Management Systems Qualification or equivalent desirable;
- IOSH Status or CMIOSH status desirable.
Full time permanent role
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com