First Base Employment Limited
Purpose of the role
- To ensure integrity of all HSE aspects of the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) in accordance with relevant International Standards, Legal and Other Requirements.
- To implement and drive HSE continuous improvement programs throughout both business units.
- To promote a positive HSE Culture throughout both business units.
- To provide support on all HSE matters throughout both business units.
- To provide support with HSE accreditations utilizing internal and external audits to measure sustainment and improvements within the business units.
- To provide support on HSE strategy to ensure the businesses HSE objectives are met.
- To produce accurate and timely HSE information and reports.
- To report to the UK QHSE Lead on all HSE matters and intact with local managers (where necessary).
- To ensure all employees comply with HSE policy & procedure.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing and implementing safety programs.
- Enforce HSE policy and procedures.
- Provide status updates, trends if / when required efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Conduct internal audits / workplace inspections to identify conformity and non-conformance.
- Raise Non-Conforming records (NCR) where necessary.
- Drive close out of Non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Assist with Accident / Investigations, reporting inc. root cause analysis and make recommendations to peers / line manager.
- Investigate Near Miss, Unsafe Act, etc identify trends, recommend & implement improvements.
- Conduct Risk Assessments with interested parties.
- Conduct Risk Assessments reviews / updates with interested parties on a periodic basis.
- Communicate Risk Assessments to interested parties.
- Conduct COSHH Risk Assessments with interested parties.
- Conduct COSHH Risk Assessments reviews / updates with interested parties on a periodic basis.
- Communicate COSHH Risk Assessments to interested parties.
- To assist in the maintenance of the company’s legal register.
- Manage “Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007” obligations and submit obligations to compliance scheme.
- Manage PPE competent person checks and maintain records.
- Manage Contractors on site inc. PTW / RAMS including relevant documentation (high risk activities) and maintain records.
- Manage Contractors on site inc. Dynamic Risk Assessment (low risk activities) and maintain records.
- Provide toolbox talks / training sessions where required.
- Use relevant HSE tools inc. Plan Do Check Act, 6S, Root Cause Analysis etc to drive improvements
- Champion and guide on our safety management program.
- Define HSE arrangements / procedures in conjunction with operating staff / line managers where necessary.
- Ensure that workplace tools and equipment meet industry standard and installed correctly in accordance with PUWER and the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regs.
- Key accountabilities that will most likely be on annual and mid-year review.
- Maintain internal audits in line with audit schedule.
- Timely closer of HSE non-conformances.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records (where applicable).
- Report packaging waste obligation prior to annual deadline.
- Maintain up to date and accurate Dynamic Risk Assessment records.
- Maintain up to date Permit to Work Records.
- Maintain up to date arrangements, procedures within the IMS.
- Maintain positive & proactive approach to maintaining and continually improving the IMS HSE arrangements.
Health, Safety & Environment
To show responsibility, compliance and full commitment to the Health, Safety and Environmental management system in operation.
Quality Management System
To show a responsibility and compliance to the Quality Management System, including all relevant procedures and work instructions in operation.