First Base Employment Limited
Field Service Engineer (Instrumentation)
Our client is a well-established and successful Instrumentation & Calibration Service Provider, who pride themselves on delivering a quality UKAS service for their clients.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a motivated self-starter with excellent engineering, organisational and time management skills.
To carry out day-to-day technical activities covering various Instrumentation calibrations at client sites.
To manage their jobs and provide supervisory expertise on site as required. The role will also include Laboratory equipment service and calibration where required and relevant training will be provided where necessary.
Main Areas of Responsibility
To support and assist in the daily activities of the company in the following areas:
- Instrumentation calibration and fault finding of various process equipment.
- Maintenance, calibration, fault finding and repair of various types of laboratory equipment.
- To provide technical support commensurate with experience and qualifications
- To provide documentation as defined in the Companies Quality Procedure.
- To convey at all times, a professional, positive and customer driven image of Arena Instrumentation.
- To act as the interface between client and the business
- To develop and maintain an effective knowledge of current working regulations.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent
- A very high skill level for practical fault finding and repair on a varied range of non-specialised laboratory equipment e.g. centrifuges, incubators, fume hoods (Minimum 5 years previous experience)
- Electrically competent. (240Vac)
- Competent with instrumentation calibrations such as pressure, temperature, flow, conductivity etc.
- Hold a current clean driving license.
- Hold a current, valid Safety Passport (not compulsory)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- PC literate on Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Ability to manage and plan own workload.
- Complete all paperwork accurately
- Customer Focused
Areas of Activity
You will primarily work out in the field at various locations throughout the UK. Travel is a large part of the role and may be required to stay overnight as part of any particular job.
UKAS accredited training will be given for various equipment.
You may be expected to visit other client sites, which may involve travel overseas.
Some areas of work may be compliant or hazardous and all precautions and rules regarding working in these areas should be observed.
£26,000 – £28,000 (+ additional overtime and travel) depending on experience
Overnight allowance will be paid when staying away from home.