First Base Employment Limited
Fettler / Machine Shop Operative – Dursley
Working as part of team in a busy machine shop we are looking for an new addition to join the team to carry out fettling and grinding duties. This is a key part of the manufacturing process and would suit someone who is used to working with their hands in a busy manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Fettling and grinding of castings and stainless.
- Competent with the use of hand held and static grinding equipment.
- Able to work as part of a close team.
- Be able to follow instructions given by line Supervisor/Manager.
- Work to high standards and targets.
- Work to customer specifications for fettling and measure key characteristics of parts after fettle process.
- Adhere to safe working practice in accordance with company PPE requirements and Health & Safety Policies.
- Quality and quantity checks to be performed on fettled product
- Any ad hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
Previous experience is preferable but not essential. In house training will be provided. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a want to learn and develop.
Monday to Thursday 0800 – 17.00, Friday 08.00 – 14.00
Salary: £11.00 – £11.50 per hour, overtime available, annual bonus