First Base Employment Limited
Summary of Position
Welder /Fabricator working within the company Pipe and Fabrication Welding areas.
Working within a flexible team environment, welding and fabricating mechanical components and assemblies using basic welding and fabrication skills, including but not limited to:-
- Reading drawings and specifications and interpreting these to determine build sequence and means of assembly.
- Utilising fabrication equipment such as powered saws, forming rollers, press brake, guillotine, punches, gas and plasma cutting equipment and drills together with hand tools such as grinders and drills.
- Manufacturing fabricated assemblies in carbon and stainless steels.
- Manufacturing pipework and silencer assemblies using carbon, Duplex, stainless, and other alloyed steels.
- Able to read and interpret pipework and fabrication drawings in order to determine material sizes and means of manufacture.
- Holder of current, or be able to demonstrate previously held, formal welding qualifications to either EN or ASME specifications.
- Recent demonstrable experience of MIG and TIG welding of carbon and stainless steels using formal welding procedures.
- Able to manipulate and complete welding of pipework between 25mm and 250mm diameter, schedule 10 – 80. (Materials as above.)
- Experience and recent exposure to purge equipment for pipework welding.
- Able to manipulate and complete welding of structural base frames using common sections such as channel, columns, beams, angle and rectangular hollow sections. Must have experience in welding in all positions.
- Confidence and ability to work unaided and also when required work within a team.
- A positive “can do” attitude is expected.
- A good understanding of engineering drawings, including the interpretation of schematics and pipework layouts is essential.
- Lifting and slinging experience wold be an advantage.
Full time, permanent role
Monday to Friday day shift
£12.00 – £13.50 per hour dependent on experience
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01453 755330