First Base Employment Limited
FABRICATION AND PIPE SHOP FOREPERSON
Due to continual production expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a Fabrication and Pipe Shop Foreperson based in Stonehouse to join our team. The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7.30 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 7.30 am to 1.30 pm.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsibility for the efficient and safe operations in the Fabrication and Pipe Fitting Shops
- Managing the fabricators in the team on a day-to-day basis, briefing work and utilising planning systems to schedule works
- Providing hands on advice and support to team members
- Assessing jobs, quotations and checking drawings prior to manufacture
- Ordering materials, managing stock, and ensuring correct materials are issued
- Performing quality inspection of completed works and arrange for all fabricated parts to go for shot blast and paint
- Supervise build of package, prepare package for FAT test, liaise with Inspectors, prepare package for shipping
- Completing all material maps for Engineering Department
- Assisting with ‘Quality’ and ‘Health & Safety’ implementation of safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements related to all aspects of the shop operation.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to motivate and lead a team. You will be self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance for yourself and your team.
You will have fabrication and pipe fitting experience together with knowledge of welding procedures as applicable to ferrous, non-ferrous, and exotic alloys. Previous experience of working in a manufacturing, package building or engineering environment is essential. This is also an opportunity for a skilled craftsperson looking to move into a supervisory role.
Your excellent communication and organisational skills will give you the ability to manage competing deadlines