First Base Employment Limited
Would you like to support children to become as independent as possible? Are you someone who loves the outdoors? Set in the stunning Clent Hills this residential service offers exceptional facilities to support children and young people with Autism and Learning Disabilities. Using a Therapeutic and Holistic approach which aids their cognitive, emotional and physical development. There is certainly more to life than classrooms, computers and homework. The children here set their own educational plan by focusing on the activities and learning that they enjoy. Gardening, swimming and pottery are just two examples of the fantastic activities you will take part in.
You will be supporting boys and girls between the ages of 6-19. If you enjoy a hands on, practical life then this is certainly the role for you. Join the dedicated team in this stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfill their potential.
Salary £18,000 – £22,500.
- Free onsite parking
- Set in beautiful countryside location – excellent on site facilities
- Joining an established close knit and dedicated team
- Thorough 2 week induction and specialist training provided such as QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare
- Progression encouraged
- 33-38 days annual leave
- Supporting to help the children feel safe, respected and confident to achieve their goals
- Following a practiced and proven holistic care method
- Mentoring and educating the young people supporting with day to day needs
- Communicating with families so they feel understood and listened to
- Using the facilities on site, such as sensory room, wood workshops, play areas, gardens and much more to provide bespoke and exceptional learning support
- Support individuality with a therapeutic child-centred approach
- Managing and understanding behaviours of concern and the reasons for them
- Development of independent life skills both personal and practical
- Activities to motivate and engage the young people
- Development of social and emotional skills
- Positive engagement is key to encourage the children and young adults development
- Well written and comprehensive record keeping is vital noting behavioural changes
- Must be a driver with a full UK driving license
- Preferred previous experience working with young people or children in similar setting
- 7 hour shifts, flexibility to work alternate weekends
- Occasional Sleep In’s required
- Hold or willing to work towards Level 3 in Residential Childcare
If this role seems to tick all the right boxes please apply today or contact Katy for more information on 07884 866037.