First Base Employment Limited
Our client design and manufacturer Rotary Steering Tools for oil field industry. They are a small, yet unique company based in Bristol with most of its business being conducted in the United States.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to enhance their existing team. There are several projects that range from sustaining of the existing tool to new product development. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be the focal point for all Electrical aspects.
Your duties will include:
- Sustaining of the current electronics with research into replacements for obsolete components.
- Develop new ideas for improving the efficiency of the electronics.
- Interact with the Engineering team when working on new product development.
- Be able to think outside the box.
- Be able to research into new devices that could be used to enhance the performance and or reliability of the product.
- Be capable of testing designs and products.
- Must be able to test your own work and come up with improvements.
The knowledge that you would bring to the team would include:
- Analogue filters, sensors, (accelerometers, magnetometers, etc).
- Motor drivers.
- Switched mode power supplies
- Digital micro-processors
- AD converters
- Harsh environment
- Actuators, generators, motors and drives.
Working knowledge of:
- Motors, (DC, AC and brushless).
- Control systems
- Mathematics (real world)
Knowledge of the following software would be advantageous:
- Orcad Capture, (creation of schematics, netlists etc)
- Pspice or Simetrix, (circuit simulation)
- Orcad Layout, (occasional board layout)
- Office 365 programs especially word and excel to generate ITL’s, testing specifications/reports and engineering reports.
- Matlab & Simulink
- Embedded software – C
- Electronic data transmission protocols.
What is on offer:
- Salary: this will be dependent upon previous experience.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- 37.5 Hours per week
To apply for this role please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org