First Base Employment Limited
Deputy Service Manager (1-year Maternity Cover starting Mid November)
Days of work: Monday to Friday, 08:30hrs to 17:00hrs with 1 hour for lunch
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum.
The Service Deputy Manager works closely with the Service Manager in all aspects of the role as described below.
- Responsible for ensuring that the administration team is delivering a level of Customer Service that exceeds customer expectations. A key part of the role is to improve the service delivery and the internal and external communication skills of the Service Department.
- Oversee and assist team members
- Responsibility for the day to day administration of the Service Management System software package.
- Day to day operational management of the field service team, reports all issues to the Service Manager.
- Reports all operational customer related issues to the Service Manager.
- Take ownership of any un-resolved operational and administrative customer related issues and ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and take steps to improve the two-way flow of Service information between our customers and the Whole Service team, the Engineers, Service Administration team and sub-contractors.
- Provide first line support whenever possible. Assign more detailed queries to relevant team members.
- Take an active role in the planning of all operational activities
- Under the direction of the Service Manager, oversee the warehouse to ensure the correct management of large stock items and efficient use of the Warehouse space.
- Assist the Technical Support Engineer to project manage service projects and repairs to ensure their timely delivery.
- Manage logistics of Engineer training.
- Assist the department Aftersales Administrator to manage the Service Department PPE, tooling and instrument calibration.
- Manage and oversee the dispatch and delivery of Service items to customers, sub-contractors and other locations. This may include export and import carriage.
- Authorise Engineers holiday requests.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01453 755330.