First Base Employment Limited
The holder of this position is accountable to the Planning Manager for ensuring machined components are costed as required and enquiries are responded to in a timely manner. The cost estimator will be responsible for the creation of new estimates as well as reviewing costs post-production and reviewing then updating costs as appropriate. The role requires the ability to communicate well with suppliers and internal/external customers in both a commercial and technical context.
Specific duties to include:
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials and labour.
- Read engineering drawings and technical documents in order to prepare estimates.
- Collaborate with engineers, customers and suppliers.
- Use computer software to calculate estimates.
- Evaluate a product’s profitability.
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Ability to read an engineering drawing.
- Knowledge of CNC machining, this should include turning and milling.
- Good analytical skills and be detail driven.
Salary: £25,000.00 – £27,000.00 per year