First Base Employment Limited
CNC Team Leader – Gloucester
Applications are invited for the permanent position of CNC Team Leader to work on a day shift for a leading business based near Gloucester.
Reporting directly to the CNC Manager, the Team Leader will oversee all aspects of running an advanced CNC milling shop in a small batch / one-off manufacturing environment.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Delivering the production schedule to meet deadlines, allowing for machine capabilities and resource
- Material, tooling and resource planning and control
- Direct supervision of a team of 5 skilled and semi-skilled engineers
- Achieving the best outcome when unforeseen incidents occur with machinery, tooling or fixturing.
- Monitoring quality to customer approval, resolving any issues that occur in-process.
- Monitoring internal process documents and recording internal rejects.
Essential Experience / Qualities:
- Understanding and contributing to the appropriate manufacturing route or strategy for each order
- Experienced in a fast-moving, one-off / low batch machining environment
- Thorough knowledge of CNC milling machinery, including:
- speeds, feeds and milling strategies
- tooling and fixturing
- direct operation
- good hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity
- Good working knowledge of tooling used in support of metal finishing
- Thorough understanding of quality systems in an ISO-controlled machine shop
- Production engineering, work handling and storage systems
Desirable Experience / Qualities:
- Previous workshop management but could also come from a strong production engineering background
- Working knowledge of Heidenhein / Mazatrol control interfaces
- Knowledge of supporting services and skills such as metal plating, CNC turning and EDM wire erosion
Permanent role working day shift Monday to Friday 7.00am – 3.00pm
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330 for a confidential conversation.