First Base Employment Limited
CNC Machinist / Setter Operator – Twilight Shift
The Machinist/Setter Operator reports to the CNC Team Leader and he/she will be expected to set up and operate manual lathes and milling machines as well as handling, loading and setting fixture plates and support jigs onto 3-axis and 5-axis machines in a one-off or low batch machining environment.
The successful candidate MUST be able to:
- Set up and operate CNC milling machines.
- Work to tight machining tolerances and thoroughly check his/her own work (use of verniers, etc.)
- Work to 2D drawings and job specifications with the minimum of supervision, after training.
- Perform in process batch inspection of CNC machined parts.
- Monitor the condition and stock levels of tooling in your area, reporting any shortages or actions needed.
Experience / Qualifications
- Ideally time-served apprentice / engineer in mechanical engineering
- Experience in operating CNC machines with Heidenhein and Mazatrol controllers.
- Working on own initiative in a machine shop environment
- Experience in hand finishing of metal components & bench fitting, hand-tapping, deburring etc.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret 2D machining drawings and 3D CAD models, including tolerances and surface finish specifications
- Excellent housekeeping, timekeeping and reliability
- Confident team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Twilight Shift – Standard hours of work are 2.30 pm to midnight, Monday to Thursday. This equates to a 36-hour week.
Salary to the successful candidate £21,000 – £23,000
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330 for a confidential conversation.