First Base Employment Limited
Purpose of job/basic function:
This role is responsible for creating and programming machining operations for use on the CNC machine.
- Creating machining operations and then inserting those operations onto profiles for subsequent machining.
- Modifying existing machining operations to increase efficiency.
- Working to drawings and specifications with the minimum of supervision.
- Working to tight tolerances.
- Monitoring all programmes to make sure they follow instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Choosing the cutting tools that will be needed.
- Working on own initiative and understanding the manufacturing process.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensuring all paperwork is maintained in the correct manner.
- To comply with all Company policies including the Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Supervisors/Team Leaders.
Training & Development:
- Knowledge of all systems/products being used and/or willingness to learn.
- Increased knowledge of new systems/products being used to allow easier identification of the product.
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Ideally experience of working in an engineering/industrial environment.
- Knowledge of the Elumatec CNC machine would be advantageous.
- Ability to work to customers’ specifications.
- Ability to work alone as well as with others.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read drawings.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be highly detail orientated.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
Salary: £25,000+ (based on experience)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.