First Base Employment Limited
Do you like to make people smile?
Are you somebody that likes to work in an environment where no two days are the same?
I am currently seeking an individual that is passionate about making a difference and would describe themself as a caring person. The role involves providing emotional support to adolescents and children with Learning disabilities in Gloucestershire.
Our core values revolve around providing positive outcomes for children and adolescents that have a range of additional needs and promoting independence. You will be supporting vulnerable people that have needs surrounding: Learning disabilities, Emotional behavioural difficulties, Challenging behaviour, Physical disabilities, Learning delays or Mental health needs.
There is no experience required, however if you have an interest or personal experience dealing with the above or have studied psychology, counselling or health and social care then this will support your application.
The role will involve supporting people from all walks of life with every aspect of their life including: Contact sessions, Employment, Day to day tasks and re-engaging in education.
Benefits of working with the client:
– A genuinely out comes focused service, That have a fantastic track record of providing outcomes for the people they support
– Provide therapeutic support
– Every day will be different and involve you engaging in different activities
– Opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation
Job responsibilities will include:
-Engaging with people from all walks of life on a daily basis out in the community and in the homes to support them to gain independence
– Providing emotional support
– Being emotionally resilient
– Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
– Keeping record of support and writing care plans
– Focusing on positive outcomes for the people you support
– De-escalating challenging behaviour
– Working in a team
Must have a caring nature and be willing to support vulnerable people
Experience with Learning disabilities (Desirable)
A qualification in: Psychology, Health and social care, Criminology, Teaching or Counselling
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, Please contact Megan Rivers at First base or apply to the role today!