First Base Employment Limited
A challenging Purchase Associate role establishing strong relationships both inside and outside of the organisation, with the aim of attaining continuous cost benefit through the purchase of goods and services in support of business needs.
A good acumen for financial considerations and an ability to negotiate best cost and terms are integral to this role, together with an engineering knowledge to support product selection.
- Business wide Consumable Purchasing across all 5 sites
- Driving cost improvement through benchmarking process
- Enquiries – Processing company consumable enquires on QAD
- Contacting Suppliers for Costs and lead times either by email or telephone
- Raising enquiries to requisitions for approval to PO
- Raising PO and issuing to supplier either by email or telephone
- Progress chasing outstanding or urgent PO’s
- Working within Department to offer support for Contract requirements across all 5 sites
- Introducing new parts required for production into QAD database and logging
- Vendor Ratings – generate and monitor key suppliers
- Site wide budget control and management of budget additions
- Invoice Clearance- managing any invoice issues with Finance
- Supplier Meetings and Negotiations
- Working with Stores Associates to improve stock accuracy and stores systems
- Control of purchase and reorder of Workwear and PPE in line with company requirements
- Technical purchasing support for Maintenance department with any project related purchasing
- New consumables introduction and management for new model consumables in line with Technical requirements
- Update consumables price lists on QAD in line with agreements
- Issue new and manage schedule PO for high turnover Production items
- Introduction of new suppliers and conduct supplier feasibility and quality audits in line with expected performance levels
- Enthusiastic and highly self motivated
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority.
- IT literate in use of Microsoft Packages and QAD system
- Team Player
Hours of work:
Monday to Thursday 08.00 to 16.30
Friday 08.00 to 15.30
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 01453 755330