First Base Employment Limited
Air Conditioning Support Engineer
Carries out customer support activities of the company, by repairing, servicing and installing air-conditioning units, by performing the following duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assume main responsibility for the repair, service and installation of air-conditioning units supplied by or the property of the company.
- Responsible for ordering air-conditioning units and associated spare parts and test equipment.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties: diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations to departments to avoid future failures.
- Carry out the routine service of Air conditioning systems supported by the company throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Install and test new Air Conditioning units to enclosures / systems both in-house and on-site.
Education and Experience
- Passes at GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications, IELTS is acceptable)
- F-Gas, City and Guilds 2079
- BTec (ONC) in electrical, electronics or mechanical engineering.
- Suitable engineering experience and/or approved apprenticeship or other practical training in an engineering background.
- Experience in the construction and commissioning of instrumentation and associated systems. Ability to read technical drawings. Hands-on experience of wiring and pneumatic installations. Use of test equipment and knowledge of various construction codes is desirable. Understanding of I.E.E. regulations would be an advantage.
- Acceptable command of written/spoken English.
- Ability to liaise with customers and the team in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Ability to liaise with different departments and different levels within the business.
This is a full time, permanent role
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330