Accounts Supervisor 5444
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Hours: Full Time | Monday – Friday
Salary: Up to £38,000.00 per annum
Our client is looking for an Accounts Supervisor to support the Head of Accounts within the Credit Control function.
Reporting to the Head of Accounts
The ideal candidate will be able to relate financial concepts to non-financially minded stakeholders whilst driving a well-established team of up to 10.
Key Responsibilities of an Accounts Supervisor:
- Supervising team members in managing client portfolios.
- Ensuring the team delivers against business requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Accounts with regular debt reviews.
- Testing all upgrades to the in-house system and training staff on system upgrades.
- Training & development, target setting, performance monitoring and recruitment of staff.
- On-boarding new starters, evaluating the performance of staff and developing training processes to ensure that all Credit Controllers are trained to the same level.
- Attending regular meetings with senior managers and reps to resolve credit control issues.
- Promoting strong customer service ethic within the team.
- Notifying Head of Accounts of any “at risk” debts as they arise.
- Handing of customer complaints by obtaining information and offering solutions.
- Address compliance queries and ensuring accuracy.
- Deputising for the Head of Accounts when necessary.
- Managing ledgers and maintaining customer record details.
- Processing refunds where applicable.
- Ensuring all customer payment terms are adhered to.
- Submitting bad debt provisions at each month end.
- Building strong B2B relationships to ensure prompt payment.
- Monthly reporting of aged debt reports.
Key Skills of an Accounts Supervisor:
- 3 years+ in a similar role with supervisory or management experience.
- Excellent customer service.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Confident, hardworking with diligence and accuracy.
- Strong numerical proficiency, organisational skills, analysis, and solutions’-based mindset
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to understand how the detail fits into the wider picture.
- The ability to listen and negotiate with customers.
- Strong communications skills both with the written and spoken
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Harriet on 01453 755330