I have used First Base for around 8 years and have an excellent relationship with them. I have used other agencies. First Base are in the upper quartile in comparison, with stand-out customer relations.’
‘Thank you to all of the team for First Base’s help along the way, I can honestly say you were the best recruitment firm I dealt with and if I’m looking for a new job again in the future I will be sure to come to you!’
‘First Base understand what we want and ensure we have only relevant CV’s to consider. They’re easy to deal with and save me lots of time, hassle free recruitment.’
‘I had a sudden change of circumstance and needed to ensure I stayed busy, I went into First Base and I was immediately impressed with the application, speed and professionalism the staff showed, especially Lea. Lea managed to carry out a welcome meeting, register me AND find an employment position.’
‘Tricia and her team at First Base always deliver a very personal service; professional, responsive and extremely flexible. I would recommend Tricia and First Base to any company in need of permanent or temporary staff.’
Academies Coordinator, Cirencester College
CandidatesWe are passionate about fulfilling your potential – See how we support you on your journey
EmployersWe take the headache out of employment
We save time, money and stress
Tricia Hay, Owner Director
“My vision for my business in 1997 was very clear and the values remain the same. As a team, we have very clear ethics and we work to standards set in our own points of culture. Honesty, reliability and only promising what we know we can achieve is at the core of our business.”
About the business
I’m very proud of the way we operate and really passionate about making sure we uphold our standards in what is a highly competitive market.
As a business, we have to have standard terms and conditions of business (as part of the Institute of Recruiters), but we much prefer to work to our own high standards put together over years of trading in the recruitment sector.
What sets us apart is that we listen, learn and make sure we fully understand your requirements. First we agree with you on how we can work together, keeping our prices competitive and working within your budget. Then, we assess your situation and the problem it’s causing you, to understand the type of candidate you need to help you solve it; we search our database of high calibre candidates using our knowledge of people that would fit your organisation, or advertise using relevant media if necessary; we manage all applicants and make sure you get sent details of only those who are relevant; conduct interviews and appropriate skill tests; we prepare candidates for their interviews and liaise with all shortlisted candidates to make sure they know the outcome of the interviews.
In short, we streamline the process to ensure that your time isn’t wasted and that the end result benefits your company.
- We’ll listen, learn, and ask if we don’t understand.
- Meet you for a coffee and talk through your situation, the problem it’s causing you and understand what type of individual you need
- Agree with you how you’d like us to work
- Be honest about our prices up front and work to your budget where possible
- Search our database of high calibre candidates using our knowledge of people that would fit your organisation, or advertise using relevant media if necessary
- Conduct interviews and appropriate skill tests
- Manage all applicants and make sure you get sent details of only those who are relevant
- Give candidates all the information they need before and after the interview
- Liaise with all shortlisted applicants to make sure they know the outcome of the interviews
- Make an offer if you wish us to
- Won’t ask you to pay a penny if you’re not happy about what we’ve done for you
Featured Jobs Categories
Distribution and Logistics
9-10 Rowcroft, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 3AZ
M-F: 8am - 5:30pm
Get in touch