Finance Controller/ Finance Manager
My client based in Stonehouse are looking for an experienced finance controller/ manager to join their close knit and friendly team on a full-time permanent basis.
· A proven track record of finance and accounting
· Education to a degree level or equivalent and/ or professional/ business qualification
· ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
· Personnel management experience
· Experience of working with an accounts IT package (SAGE/ NETSUITE)- training will be given in use of in-house systems
· Confidence with Microsoft Office application, e-mail, databases and website update tools
· Experience of working and crucially leading effectively in a busy administrative role in a business environment
· Confident and have a can do attitude
· Effective time management with strong organisational skills
· Good attention to details and accuracy in preparation of information, which may have legal and financial content
· Positive customer service outlook with the ability to work using own initiative
· Commercial awareness to develop business opportunities from contacts
· Co-operation and flexibility suited to supporting the CEO and others working in a growing customer focused organisation exercising tact, confidentiality and discretion
· Oversee the sales ledger function
· Bank transfers- direct debits and BACS payments and AA fund transfers
· Manage the purchase ledger function
· Maintenance of the fixed asset register
· Preparation of the VAT returns, ensuring VAT compliance, EC sales list and VAT queries
· Petty cash, cash floats and takings at events
· Accounting for branch income and expenditure
· Maintain weekly reconciliations of the bank accounts and credit card receipts
· Maintain monthly reconciliations of credit card purchases
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Monthly updating of Income, Accruals and Pre-payments and provision of information for year- end accounts
· Working closely with the CEO and Treasurer and the appointed auditors on the end of year accounts, audit and summary accounts for the AGM
· To ensure all the necessary regulatory reporting is carried out when due
· Provision of the relevant financial reports and data regular monthly reports on budget and performance, cash flow and Debtors
· Weekly/ daily monitoring of financial performance on key events, annual conference and other key activities
· The identification and production of reports to support and enable the Association to manage its financial position and performance
· To work with budget holders on any variances to performance providing advice and support to enable to manage to the best effect
· To proactively bring to the attention of the CEO any issues in respect of financial performance
· Regular reporting from NetSuite and bank information systems
· Identification and provision of reports for the Trustees and Business Review Group working closely with the CEO
· To oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues
· Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities including HMRC
· Control and reconciliation of the companies’ bank accounts
Payroll Service Provision
· Payroll for approximately 12 monthly paid employees, liaising with the Chief Executive Officer for confidential personnel data
· Implement AA policy on provision of data in respect of Debtors supporting the Association in following up overdue account in accordance with AA policy
· Supporting the team managing any overdue payments
· Liaise with the CEO and budget holders monthly and annually in respect of performance against budget and the setting of budgets for the forthcoming year
To apply for this role please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 755330
20 years in recruitment has taught us a lot !
We are inviting our clients and local employers as special guests to join us and celebrate our 20th anniversary at this free to attend,
Have a great weekend; be sure to relax and spend some quality time with loved ones.
Thank you for another excellent week.
We are actively recruiting for job roles that we are struggling to fill; finance admin, FLT drivers, reliable packers and warehouse operatives as well as (as always) engineering staff with the following skills:
CNC Programmers (milling and turning),
With combined experience of over 40 years in the Engineering and Manufacturing sector our team recruits for many of the leading Engineering and Manufacturing employers in the region and are specialists at finding those hard to find skills.
We welcome on board Mr Ian Mayo.
Ian recently joined the First Base team as technical recruitment consultant and brings with him a deep understanding of the Engineering sector. » Read more about: Technical Consultant joins us »
We are always keen to hear from good candidates and the best way to hear from them is by word of mouth.
2015 is here and many see the new year as a chance for new beginnings. The result of this is that many employees take the opportunity to change where they work.